Self Help Group Movement is gaining momentum in Jorhat district. Keeping in view the crucial factors limiting the implementation of SGSY viz.-Distant location of SHGs to bank and block,Training institute,Non-availability of marketing network of SHG product,lack of monitoring mechanism etc.To meet the challenges and to provide a platform for all round development of SHGs facilitation centres are set up in the advantegeous point of gaon panchayat areas.
Role & Function of Facilitation Centre:-
- To propagate SHG concept among the poor.
- To organize rural poor into homogenous affinity group.
- To assist the SHG in opening Bank Account.
- To make thrift and credit meaningful for economic empowerment of the SHG.
- To assess Training need to SHGs.
- To review, monitoring and capacity building of the peer groups.
- To promote financial efficiency within the member of the groups by enforcing best practices.
- To promote networking of SHGs for scaling up the enterprise capacity ofSHGs through federation and encourage micro-enterprise development.
- To strengthen and streamline book-keeping and audit system at group level.
- To provide a platform for monitoring cum recovery of bank loan.
- To establish good communication platform for networking with governmental and non-governmental initiatives for meaningful direction of SHG movement and easy access of information to develop and upgrade indigenous technologies of SHGs and marketing of SHG products.